ROTM: Russ' Power Bars
Russ' Power Bars
Submitted by Russ Pascoe
- 2 cup dates
- 2 cup raisins (substitute any dried fruit for the dates, raisins; I like cherries)
- 1 cup honey
- ½ cup turbinado or brown sugar
- 1.5 cup any nut butter, peanut butter preferred
- 2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 c chocolate chips optional
- 1.5 cup of chopped nuts
- 1 cup sesame and/or sunflower seeds
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- ¾ cup protein powder or non-fat dry milk
- 2 Tbs. grated orange peel
- ½ cup Wheat Germ
- ½ cup ground flax seed
Cut any large dried fruit into small pieces.
Heat honey, choc chips, and nut butter in pan over low heat , until they are all melted together.
Mix remaining ingredients in a big bowl.
After the hot mixture is melted , mix it together with the dry mix and put in a baking dish or large cookie sheet which has been lightly oiled or has wax paper in it . Firmly flatten the mixture with lightly oiled rolling pin or wine bottle, then put in refrig for an hour.
Cut and wrap the bars with cling wrap.
Store for a couple of weeks in the fridge or indefinitely in your freezer.